Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

We Got Hit!!!

Yes...we got hit hard with the FLU. Yesterday, when we got home from church, I started feeling really crampy and it made me a little nervous. I tried to lay down for a while, but instead, started puking my guts out. I called my doctor, and he told me to go to the hospital to get checked. It ended up being a night filled with lots of FUN tests (girls, you know what I'm talking about), an ultrasound, and being hooked up to lots of monitors to watch the baby and an IV for the rest of the night.
The good news is, our little guy is perfectly fine, and measuring a week and a half ahead, and weighs almost 3lbs.
When I talked to Shane this morning, he told me that Kennedi had been up all night throwing up too. Poor thing, I felt so bad that I wasn't there for her. But Shane did a good job. She managed to throw up on the couch, and my bed....Twice. So he had that all cleaned up for me.
It is so nice to live by family. Shane's parents took Kennedi last light during all my testing, and then my mom drove over and helped us out early this morning. So a big thanks to them. Now lets just hope we didn't pass it on to anyone.

8 comments:

Kirk, Mandii, Hunter & Taylor said...

Oh Shanell I'm so sorry, that's the worst to be sick and to worry about your baby boy being alright AND your baby girl at the same time must have been awful!! I'm glad you're feeling better~

Tara Redd said...

I hope you start feeling better. I'm sure that was awful!!! I will call and check on you later!!!

Palmers said...

Hey Shanell sorry you are sick that sucks! We have been sick here too. Mason has had the croup and pink eye nice hu? he is doing a lot better now though so hopefully you guys are too. talk to you latter.
Carly

Tara Redd said...

It's just me again sorry. I just wanted you to know that you are such a good friend and thanks for helping me all the time with this high tech computer blogging stuff. You are the greatest. I wish so bad that we lived closer to each other.

Melissa said...

that does not sound fun! I'm sorry! I need your address by the way.. I'm not sure i have your correct phone number either... email me! :) talk to you later!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry you have been sick. There's nothing worse than caring for a sick child while you are sick. Anyway, I hope you recover soon! It's good to hear that your little guy is already 3 lbs. Only 3-4 more pounds and he'll be here! It is so much fun having a boy!

Kim said...

Shanell, I'm glad everything ended up ok with all the sickness. Glad your baby is ok too! That is certainly the great part about living near family, they can be there to help.

brookiebaby said...

What are the chances??? :) Same due date, both boys, and both are thinking that it would be fun to make their mommies have a night in the hospital!! :) I'm glad you're home now! It's so scary because any sign of something weird with your body makes you so scared - I don't know if you read my blog when I said that my aunt told me that if just anyone could go to the store and buy one of these little ones, we wouldn't appreciate them as much...but I think it's safe to say that we're going to appreciate the HECK out of these little guys!!!